[M3devel] [m3devel] Packaged AMD64_LINUX for debian

Peter Eiserloh eiserlohpp at yahoo.com
Wed May 27 03:44:47 CEST 2009

Hi Gang,

Okay, here is my take on packaging CM3 for the Debian
distribution of Linux.

   http://www.eiserloh.org/~peter/modula3/#debian-pkg

I did install this onto my laptop

It is built against cm3-5.8.1.20090522.  Could those of
you with Debian distributions check it out, and send me any
comment for improving the packaging.

Please add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list

   deb http://www.eiserloh.org/mirrors/modula3/debian lenny main
   deb-src http://www.eiserloh.org/mirrors/modula3/debian lenny main

NOTE-0: You will have to change your CM3 environment variable.
I also created a MANPATH to include "/usr/cm3/man".

NOTE-1: I have explicitly omitted obliq, juno and anything
that depends upon them.

NOTE-2: I have moved most of the config files to /usr/cm3/etc,
the only one remaining in the binary directory is cm3.cfg.
These invoke include("../etc/foo.common").  Changing the
location of "cm3.cfg" would require actually changing the
code of cm3.

Peter

| Peter P. Eiserloh                                      |