[M3devel] [m3devel] Packaged AMD64_LINUX for debian

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Wed May 27 09:04:49 CEST 2009

I have work-in-progress rpm creation, my distro is Fedora but no reason
for your .debs or my .rpms to have any issues running on any deb/rpm
distro.

But - I see problem here with any changing of source for packaging
needs. Only change I've made was for CM3_INSTALL_PREFIX so I can make
rpms incrementally. Almost every of my m3 projects is rpm packaged and I
don't like to have all-inclusive rpm. So I am working on scripts to make
rpm recipes for small sets of packages. My current recipes are for cm3
(compiler, m3core, libm3, tcp, udp, set, tempfiles, patternmatching,
parseparams) divided to cm3 and cm3-devel, separate rpm with m3gdb and
cvsup (binary rpms are suplib, suplib-devel, cvsup). And all of them are
building LINUXLIBC6 and AMD64_LINUX  binary rpms.

One issue with how-cm3-does-it is, IMO, /usr/local/cm3/lib directory...
It must be lib64 on AMD64_LINUX, at least because we may need both
LINUXLIBC6 and AMD64_LINUX libraries present on same system. In my case,
I need it because some of C support librarires like panda (basic PDF
creation primitives) are not 64 bit clean.

Along the way I am making template recipes and working on deriving of
dependicies from m3makefiles. Don't know if there is exact recipe
translator for rpm-deb...?

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>