[M3devel] HEADS UP: Release engineering, was: Re: CM3 Release

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue May 5 02:07:07 CEST 2009

 >>> o formsvbt crashes
 >>
 >> Not solved.
 >> I couldn't get an older release to work to verify against.
 >
 > Can you provide a way to repeat your crash? I will try to diagnose
 > and fix.

 while (true)
   Start up formsvbt.
   Wait a few seconds.
   If it doesn't crash, exit it.

It happens at least half the time.
On PPC_DARWIN and SOL..not sure it was SOLgnu or SOLsun.
Did not repro on..I think..LINUXLIBC6, FreeBSD/x86..not sure what all I tried.
It seems to somehow be specific to only some platforms.

5.4.0 release had bigger problems here that I forget (on SOLgnu or SOLsun).

I only test out X stuff remotely (and don't use X otherwise, what a mess..), though I doubt that matters.
I added an assert(foo # NIL) right where the crash is, so now the crash is that assertion failing.