[M3devel] ***SPAM*** Re: Probably missing too much of development sycle, but WTF?

Jay jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed May 20 08:33:52 CEST 2009

> AF_UNIX

I'll try to make another pass through and put back unused constants, I guess.

At some point I erred toward removing unused stuff, because everything present was a correctness and portability issue.

Though I mainly only did such removal with Cygwin, on the basis of it never really existing as a port so the initial version could be minimal.
I think, maybe I removed other?
I also removed userthread support from PPC_LINUX and maybe NetBSD/i386.
It was broken for all platforms and remains so for all Linux platforms.

Later I developed more portable techniques so it becomes more acceptable to leave stuff in, but convert it to be correct and portable.

Constants are easy.

> stuct_sockaddr_un structure

Structs though are problematic.
You end up wanting to wrap all the functions that use them.
Unless they are large structs and then you don't want the waste and you are either stuck, or you maybe wrap at the next level up.

This is an area actually where we still clone the headers, still work to do to make it portable and safe.

> make_dir

No I had forgotten but I see it searching the web.
You need the dots smushed out?