[M3devel] data imports

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Nov 28 13:05:54 CET 2009

I was just looking at Interix m3core.so.5 and was reminded that all the little portable constants I put in

extern const int Umman__MAP_ANON = MAP_ANON

on other than NT386, they are dynamically linked.

We should probably stop that, the overhead is probably big -- just storing the names takes more room than the data, as well as maybe move them into an .o file per symbol for granular linking.

Still use the portable form, but put them in one or more loose .o files that are directly linked to clients.