[M3devel] main in C or not?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 23 13:23:25 CEST 2010

There has long been a configuration variable: MAIN_IN_C.

I propose that main always be in C. I made that so already, a small change.

I further propose that the support for main to not be in C be removed.

"Not in C" is "generating it via the backend", directly an .obj for NT386, or
going through the gcc backend for Posix.

Furthermore, I'll cleanup the C to be more typesafe by using ANSI C.

I have this change about ready.

I don't think avoiding C is valuable and I'd rather have fewer configuration variables.
Pick one approach that works reasonably always.