[M3devel] Potential bug in RTAllocator.Clone

Raja Mukherji rajamukherji at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 17:19:18 CEST 2010

Hi, this is my first post to the Modula-3 mailing list...

While using RTAllocator.Clone in a project, I kept getting errors
related to the type of the returned object. The debugger m3gdb
returned a TYPECODE of 0.
I think the cause is line 84 in RTAllocator.m3 which currently reads

res := AllocTraced(dataSize, def.dataAlignment, thread^);

which doesn't seem to set the header of the clone. Changing it to

res := LOOPHOLE(GetTraced(def), ADDRESS);

seems to fix the problems, but since I'm not that familiar with the
object representation I thought I should ask here first.

Thanks,
Raja