[M3devel] more Hudson nodes? more help in general?

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Mon Aug 9 16:27:24 CEST 2010

Windows is my current platform for Modula-3.  I can make available machines for various flavors of Windows.

I don't understand much about the current Hudson automation, but I am willing to learn and to do some customization for support on Windows.

I also have some old Apple iBook notebooks that I could enlist, if these would help.  I also have a very old HP-UX machine that would need some work to get running again.

I also have a Sun workstation that hasn't been booted up in a few years.  I think it has Solaris 9 on it, but I am pretty sure we could replace the OS with Solaris 10 or something else.

Let me know if any of these are needed.

Regards,
Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: jayk123 at hotmail.com [mailto:jayk123 at hotmail.com] On Behalf Of Jay K
Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 10:30 AM
To: m3devel
Subject: [M3devel] more Hudson nodes? more help in general?

Hey, I'm hoping we can get more people helping more.

Coding, features, fixing bugs, etc.

However one of the easiest things I'd like to see is a few more Hudson nodes.

Is anyone out there running e.g. NetBSD on x86 or AMD64?
  They would be the easiest, sort of, to setup. I will help anyone.
  Or Solaris on SPARC (replace mine) or x86? (Yes I know about opencsw, but the network
  topology is seemingly difficult.)

Or heck, Linux or OpenBSD on x86? (replace mine)

x86/AMD64 in particular has better availability of Java VMs, which we need.
Or, Linux now has good across the board Java support.

And can setup dynamic DNS or has static IP?

We could use NT386 but I know the setup might not be so easy.

There are other viable machines, e.g. one of the new or old Linux/mips.
Or likely some of the obscure systems like HP-UX, AIX, Irix.
If anyone here is actively running one of these, keeps machine on, speak up.
(At some point, I'd like to have Hudson wake-on-lan the machines,
or have the machines scheduled to wake up daily check for work, and then
back to sleep after completing any queued work; the second option
doesn't require Hudson support.)

The machine can be quite low end.
Many of mine are old laptops, or very old either way.
Around $200, years ago.

Any other projects in the system people are interested in helping out on, with
  time/coding, please speak up if you need help. If you need ideas, or assistance, etc.

Thanks,