[M3devel] fs_rmrec

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Sat Aug 14 13:10:07 CEST 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> Olaf, to be sure/clear -- fs_rmrec works now, right?

I thought so, too, but...

> The original and long-term problem was that deleting, or even,
> enumerating, stale symlinks
> would fail. There *may* have been a problem around keeping multiple
> DIRs open at a time
> and/or deleting while enumerating. My addressing the later concerns,
>  and using fs_rmrec
> in m3-sys/m3cc, both exacerbated the problem due to the ordering of
> enumeration and deletion
> and the layout of m3-sys/m3cc.
>
> In either case, I believe it works now, right?

I observed several failures in tests.
Let's see if I can find some:

Here is one:

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-current-test-m3tests-I386_SOLARIS-opencsw-current10x/11/console

Perhaps the cm3 used there was still too old?
I'm sure there were more, but I cannot find them right now.

If you're sure it's fixed, we can try it again, no problem.

What about the hanging test p037 on Solaris 2.9 though?
See
http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-current-test-m3tests-SOLsun-opencsw-current9s/8/console

Any ideas?

Olaf