[M3devel] Hudson setup and M3 repository, was: Re: VM for I386_NETBSD Hudson

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Aug 21 12:13:03 CEST 2010

> I meant we could move a complete sub-tree to another location for some
> time if it's not needed. There are several versions of gcc IIRC.
> If we need all of them for at least one target, we cannot do that.

Aha, I understand better now.
You mean to a new CVS root/repository?

You can move this:
http://dcvs.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc-4.1.1/

e.g. /usr/cvs/cm3_m3cc_gcc-4.1.1.
My desire for history, worst case, drop a readme.txt in cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc-4.1.1.

http://dcvs.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc-interix.
I merged it into m3cc/gcc long ago  (and gcc-4.5 more recently) and it has all been deleted.
Again, a marker file could be dropped in.

Less clear:
http://dcvs.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc-apple.
It is for iphone but surely currently unused.

stuck with for now:
http://dcvs.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc-4.5

http://dcvs.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-sys/m3cc/gcc

I actually have some interest in making this situation worse.
It appears OpenBSD doesn't like GPL3, so they have moved some
targets up to gcc 4.x, but stopped at 4.2.1.
Some are on 3.x
I think some are on 2.x.
It'd be helpful to branch the OpenBSD versions.

Or, on the other hand, I'm starting to put time into a C backend! :)