[M3devel] Linux/Alpha working, uploaded archives

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Dec 11 13:09:48 CET 2010

Alpha/Linux works, builds itself, Juno comes up.
There are builds here:
  http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/uploaded-archives/
built on Debian 5.0.
Debian 6.0 drops support for Alpha.

It was easy as usual:
 setup the machine
 workaround one small gcc bug
 get the jmpbuf size, and the ucontext field

My intention is to:
  not keep the machine up and running, not in Hudson
  go through and get OpenBSD, FreeBSD, NetBSD, VMS to work,
  however:
    so far I haven't been able to boot OpenBSD, NetBSD on my DS10L,
    FreeBSD doesn't see the hard drive, Linux works fine,
    and the I seem to have toasted the machine I was using so:
     http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120659104744
   If anyone knows how to fix that, please let me know, thanks.