[M3devel] Style question about error messages

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Tue Feb 23 19:19:38 CET 2010

Somewhere in my program after it has trued and failed to read the
input file, I have the code

Wr.PutText(Stdio.stderr, "No input file.\n");

Now presumably this message could be more detailed, but that's not waht
I'm asking.  What happens to me when I compile this code is the warning:

"../src/Main.m3", line 63: warning: potentially unhandled exceptions:
Thread.Alerted, Wr.Failure

Now presumably this is an indication that I ought to wrap the whole
thing in a TRY clause.  But what am I supposed to do if the attempt to
produce an error message fails?  Write an error message?

What have other people done in this situation?

--hendrik