[M3devel] LONGCARD, release branch... A R G H

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Mon Feb 22 15:39:11 CET 2010

Quoting Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>:

> Can you PLEASE enable other people to use this system, TOO. As we once
> used it, before all this moving-target-****??????
>
> PLEASE, I just need minimal compiler runtime so I can use STANDARD
> scripts and PROCEDURES so I can use my RPM packaging I HAD TO REINVENT
> and RECODE every single time you found it INTERESTING and FUNNY to
> CHANGE ALL OVER????!!!
>
> And I thought I am INSIDE of this development process. Do we really
> think other people will not be bored by our
> change-it-all-again-and-again games??? Do I have to spend some fixed
> weekly time on this list so I won't miss LATEST and GREATEST IDEAS and
> PRACTICES?
>
> Sorry for all this "screaming" but I am really dissapointed to see all
> this changed AGAIN! What do you people think potentital users of this
> systems are?? And what measure of torturing people are ready to endure
> along the way?

Hi Dragisha,

I don't think that anything has changed or become broken recently
regarding the cm3 build, too. If you want to avoid the tedious
upgrade path, you can always find some recent executables in the
Hudson jobs' workspaces. They only follow the release branch
currently though.

For example, look at

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-build-LINUXLIBC6/ws/cm3/m3-sys/cm3/LINUXLIBC6/

for the Linux 32 bit platform. If the build isn't in progress right when
you look, you should find the last built cm3 there. Of course you can
do that for other target platforms, too, as long as the servers are up.

I haven't started building RC5 yet, as more testing is going on for the
64 bit LONGINT changes in the integrated Windows backend. So there is no
`official' package giving you the latest state as you seem to require.

Hope this helps,

Olaf