[M3devel] latest longint file size diffs

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 8 12:13:58 CET 2010

Attached is my latest work here.
With the compiler changes (in the diff), I was able to
elminate most uses of VAL(expr, LONGINT).
There's something slightly off such that I had
to add a very small number, like two.

The compiler change is newer than earlier.

For example you can now assign CARDINAL to LONGINT.

I didn't do it, but you should also be able to add/subtract/etc.

mixing CARDINAL and LONGINT.

FOR statements also don't allow the level of mixing
that they should.

I'm hoping to get agreement soon just from the diffs

but if necessary I'll look how to create a branch.

My general worry about branches is developers just

go off on their own in a branch and it's impossible to

get anyone to look at it, they are busy enough with one branch,

let alone multiple..