[M3devel] integer division/mod questions?

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Wed Jan 20 21:02:11 CET 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodney M. Bates [mailto:rodney_bates at lcwb.coop]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:39 PM
To: m3devel at elegosoft.com
Subject: Re: [M3devel] integer division/mod questions?

Anyone remember nines- or tens-complement arithmetic on decimal
machines?  Electromechanical accounting machines?

[Randy Coleburn]
[Randy Coleburn] My first "programming" experience dates back to the old IBM tabulating machine where you had to plug up the wires to form the tabulating logic.  Also, the old keypunch machines, card sorters, etc.  My first real computer had core memory and we used the old teletype machines with canary yellow paper and paper tape.  But, given where we are today, I don't think any of us would remember these as "the good ol' days" of computing, though I do have some fond memories.

Regards,
Randy