[M3devel] merging gdb from 6.4 to 7.1?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Tue Jul 20 22:13:01 CEST 2010

Hi all:
Is it possible to include in the m3gdb support for remote debugging like the one introduced by the developers in SPIN (which was based on DEC Firefly teledebug protocol called TTD see doi:10.1145/68210.69219 see doi.org), it is a protocol to remotely debug a target program but in such a case you have the post-mortem abilities is that hard to ask for doing it remotely, though TDD it was implemented for debugging the operating system itself it could be if I'm not wrong easier to debug from a type terminal remotely than in the cellphone or tablet it self when such a target is available for any application. Postmortem would be even nicer since there is general support in high-end cellphones which seem to be a ever increasing range of platforms and operating system versions and vendors.
Other version of TTD protocol was used in the ldb debugger, this allowed even to disconnect and connect from cross-platform debugging to target and provide services for the stack walking between other issues its dependence in lcc's c compiler though will it be possible to replace it for an intermediate representation like the one of Modula-3 I just see possible for the m3tk toolkit to do it since support for it would be a nice feature for its debugging features  the porting of the M3CG assembly machine language for the lcc framework would be possible, there is support on it for targeting even the CLI .Net framework so it would be good to ask if it isn't too hard to do it for a good reason to do it to host M3CG.
Thanks in advance