[M3devel] cm3ide and Chrome

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Sun Jun 27 13:25:55 CEST 2010

Michael:

You can edit the cm3ide configuration file to change the behavior.  This file is usually located in ..\Documents\CM3_IDE_Home\CM3_IDE.cfg0 or CM3_IDE.cfg1

Find the “start_browser” proc.  Change the return value to be FALSE.

FALSE means CM3_IDE should stay running when the browser terminates, whereas TRUE causes it to terminate when the browser terminates.

If you want to give command line options to the browser, you can specify them in the start_browser proc as well.

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

From: Michael Richter [mailto:ttmrichter at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:55 AM
To: m3devel
Subject: [M3devel] cm3ide and Chrome

Is there a trick to making cm3ide work with Google Chrome?  The problem seems to be that Google Chrome returns immediately upon invocation where the default, Firefox, does not.  Cm3ide waits for the browser to exit to decide that it's time to end, so what winds up happening for me when specifying Chrome as the browser is that cm3ide starts, Chrome starts, cm3ide starts serving up some content, Chrome's launcher returns immediately, cm3ide dies.  The result is a partial opening page and nothing else.

Also, when specifying the browser (any browser), it doesn't like me giving options to the browser command line: it rejects "/usr/bin/google-chrome --new-window" as an option when asking for the browser if I delete the configuration file.  I have to go /usr/bin/google-chrome and then manually edit the configuration file to include any command line switches I want to use.

--
"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people. It's not been about our revenue or profit or whatnot."