[M3devel] 386?486?586?686?etc.?

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Tue Mar 9 15:43:44 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 03:36:18PM +0000, Jay K wrote:

> > I'm still running an old 100 MHz Pentium and using it on a daily basis.
> >> Wow. What for? And with Modula-3? What OS?

It's my most reliable machine.  The kind of reliable that's been running
for something like two decades and shows signs of running for two more
if I can continue to get secure OS support for it. My newer machines
keep burning up graphics cards and the like.  It is running Debian Lenny
at the moment; a few months ago it was on Debian Etch.

It's the boundary between my LAN and the internet.

I last used Modula 3 on it a few years ago, throwing together an
experimental type-checked language interpreter to test some ideas about
language design.  I'm not running Modula 3 on it right now, but since
Modula 3 is still my systems language of choice, I'd hesitate to say I
won't be doing it again.

- hendrik