[M3devel] quake rm_rec/instrumentation?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Nov 6 00:56:07 CET 2010

Is rm_rec known to work/fail?

You can see it is still instrumented and seems to be working:

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-current-m3cc-SOLsun-opencsw-current10s/181/console

Refresher:
  the main problem was likely to do with symlinks and stat
  the fix is hacky, deep in m3core/libm3, I changed stat to first stat and if that fails, lstat
    (maybe should only lstat upon particular erors)
 Otherwise deleting a symlink to a nonexistant file/directory failed.

 I also changed it to not delete while enumerating, but that probably was ok either way.
 I also changed it to stat much less (caveat that the "real fix" involves more calls sometimes).