[M3devel] still recovering Hudson..

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 9 11:49:10 CET 2010

The incorrect updating of cm3cg in Hudson is expensive
to recover from.

What I'm doing is for each platform, is the usual...
 ./boot1.py <platform>
 copy the result to the target machine
 build it there -- giving an up to date cm3

 copy cm3 to a new install
 make a new CVS checkout
 boot2.sh
  overkill, but also a good test
  originally I was doing this on opencsw where I'm not
  sure how much succeed we've had, so doing the full
  boot2 was more valid.

 and then subset the boot2.sh output and copy it all
 around ~hudson/workspace/.../cm3-inst/current,last-ok,prev-ok, etc.

The FreeBSD4 machine is really slow!
I think the CVS checkout took hours!

We really need to fix this very soon -- update cm3/cm3cg correctly.
I could have sworn a similar update went ok within the past few months.