[M3devel] still recovering Hudson..

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Tue Nov 9 12:38:21 CET 2010

Quoting Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu>:

> The incorrect updating of cm3cg in Hudson is expensive
> to recover from.
Sorry to hear that.

> What I'm doing is for each platform, is the usual...
>  ./boot1.py <platform>
>  copy the result to the target machine
>  build it there -- giving an up to date cm3
>
>  copy cm3 to a new install
>  make a new CVS checkout
>  boot2.sh
>   overkill, but also a good test
>   originally I was doing this on opencsw where I'm not
>   sure how much succeed we've had, so doing the full
>   boot2 was more valid.
>
>  and then subset the boot2.sh output and copy it all
>  around ~hudson/workspace/.../cm3-inst/current,last-ok,prev-ok, etc.

Wouldn't it have been possible to backup all the package pools
from from prev-ok and then perform the upgrade in the correct order?

> The FreeBSD4 machine is really slow!
> I think the CVS checkout took hours!

This should not be; but then, something else may run during the daytime
either on the server or load the network.

> We really need to fix this very soon -- update cm3/cm3cg correctly.
> I could have sworn a similar update went ok within the past few months.

Have tou got a concrete plan?

Olaf