[M3devel] still recovering Hudson..

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 9 13:02:27 CET 2010

> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 12:38:21 +0100
> From: wagner

> Wouldn't it have been possible to backup all the package pools
> from from prev-ok and then perform the upgrade in the correct order?

I'm sure there's a better way but I'm doing what I know for now.
Slowing me down will probably please some people anyway. :)

> > The FreeBSD4 machine is really slow!
> > I think the CVS checkout took hours!
>
> This should not be; but then, something else may run during the daytime
> either on the server or load the network.

I assumed maybe it is a virtual machine, and lacks "para viritualization"?

> Have tou got a concrete plan?

Read through more of the code and Hudson configuration and fix it.
Mostly seriously.
The required behavior should be trivial to implement. I just have to know
where to put it.

I suspect upgrade.sh and upgrade.py both work, but that the "split tasks"
are the problem.
I *somewhat* suspect cm3cg is copied from one task to the other merely
at the wrong time. But I have to look through the code and Hudson tasks.
I also suspected it worked right, in that the copy is done in m3cc/src/m3makefile,
at the same time m3cc would do its normal build.
Anyway, I just have to poke around some.