[M3devel] hudson/m3cg ir changes

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 10 14:39:08 CET 2010

Looking into why the m3cg.i3 changes broke...

http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-current-build-FreeBSD4/113/consoleFull

This log doesn't show the "safe" upgrade that avoids ship and then ships all at once process.

But it does show something else that should work:
 it builds all
 and then ships all (including cm3cg)
 and then presumably would handle cm3 specially

However when it goes to ship cm3, it compiles stuff. That should already be compiled.
And cm3cg had just been updated.

Here:

=== package m3-sys/cm3 ===
 +++ cm3 -build -DROOT='/pub/users/hudson/workspace/cm3-current-build-FreeBSD4/cm3' $RARGS  && cm3 -ship $RARGS -DROOT='/pub/users/hudson/workspace/cm3-current-build-FreeBSD4/cm3'  +++
../FreeBSD4/Version.i3:1:0: fatal error:  *** illegal type: 0x17, at m3cg_lineno 4
compilation terminated.
  m3_backend => 1

This I don't understand.
And can't trivially reproduce.
I understand that every time you build cm3, it will recompile Version.i3 and another file.
But 1) this tries to recompile more and 2) for me, cm3 -ship never recompiles anything anyway

Also notice that LINUXLIBC6 never broke.
Hm. Given the break Oct 27 and what I might have done to fix, that's inconclusive.
You can see LINUXLIBC6 also compiling during -ship.

So, two things now... change the process to use upgrade.sh.
and/or find out why -ship is compiling anything.