[M3devel] Hudson vs. ..?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Sat Nov 20 22:35:40 CET 2010

Hudson is great.
and by ".." I don't mean Tinderbox or any alternative.
I mean vs. my own ongoing development.

Things are working for me.
I build AMD64_DARWIN repeatly, using the built cm3, with -O3.

It all works.

Sometimes I boot1.py to other platforms, which exercises a fair amount.

Yet Hudson is getting various internal compiler errors, on some platforms.
e.g. Darwin, Solaris.
But not all, I think e.g. FreeBSD, Linux.
And it isn't using optimization realize.
   Possible but unlikely that -O3 is covering up problems. Usually optimization
   only ever hurts, doesn't help, in terms of getting a successful compilation.

I strongly suspect this is due to cm3 vs. cm3cg mismatch.
I believe upgrade.sh works.
I believe the regression scripts work now, by using upgrade.sh.
Except if you run "build" w/o "m3cc" and it picks up old cm3cg.

Can we somehow easily "reset" everything?
I have tried somewhat, but it was tedious and didn't clearly work.

Going back to rel 5.8.6 and then upgrade.sh should work.
I don't want to have to visit every node or do my own boot1.py + boot2.sh again.
I did that fairly recently, when Hudson was definitely not upgrading cm3/cm3cg properly.
I *think* it does now, but I think it got mixed up in some cases.
e.g. maybe by building "build" w/o building "m3cc"? Maybe that guarantees it picks
up an old mismatched cm3cg?

Thanks,