[M3devel] hudson nodes/awazon web services/cvs moving?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Wed Oct 27 10:22:55 CEST 2010

> > I'm experimenting with using Amazon Web Services though.
> I haven't tried that yet; but if you want to set up a test node there,
> that would be welcome.

It's gotten further. Below.

> > It looks like cvs/gcc is moving?
> >  Or all of cm3/cvs?
>
> I'm not sure what you are hinting at with that.

Look at the CVS roots in hudson.
I'm seeing cm3cvs.acme-works.com.
I never saw that before tonight.

> > e.g.:
> > http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-initial-install-LINUXLIBC6/4/console
> > http://hudson.modula3.com:8080/job/cm3-current-m3cc-LINUXLIBC6/67/console
>
> These are examples of German texts I assume...

That too..
But: These are examples running in Amazon Web Services actually.
"jaws1" -- Jay Amazon Web Services 1

question then: what is the thinking around having multiple nodes of same "type"?
  You know..I setup a "test" node..can that coexist with a "real" node? Or only in that
  I fiddle with the jobs to be on one, run them, and then put it back if it didsn't work?
Shedule the jobs on all of them?
If they all work, purely redundant.
If some nodes down, the redundancy useful?
I could see powering off the AWS nodes for long periods to save money.
  esp. if I get NetBSD and OpenBSD running there.
  heck, it might be possible to run Darwin there. Might.
Just change the "tags" that "bind" jobs to machines, to say like linux-i386 instead of machine names xlinux, jaws1, etc.??