[M3devel] UI, Trestle, native... Cocoa??

Darko darko at darko.org
Mon Sep 27 22:12:01 CEST 2010

I can't say I'm interested in Trestle, and getting compatibility with Cocoa objects might be a hassle, but I am interested in Cocoa support in M3. The things that need to be done to make this happen are:

- run time support for Objective-C objects, basically the ability to call Obj-C methods and reference Obj-C fields in objects
- conversion of Cocoa interfaces to M3. This can probably be automated to some degree, I've already gone through the process with Carbon API (admittedly from Pascal interfaces).

If anyone wants to take on the first task I'd be happy to take on the second. Apple has Obj-C internals doco on the web.