[M3devel] UI, Trestle, native... Cocoa??

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Tue Sep 28 08:23:04 CEST 2010

I am about to do a port of some simple (in its GUI aspect) application
to Mac.

I am also discouraged (at least tried to) to near death :) by a guy from
another community, he is 1000% sure Modula-3 cannot be made to support
Cocoa not a "g" of gracefully.

Trestle under X did not took my breath. After peeking and pooking around
sources a bit, I think it was very nice project in its time, and
reasonable one to use 12-15yrs ago, but things moved on. In other words
- I cannot think an explanation to my customer why a GUI appliction of
mine is not more.... GUIsh...

I did a lot of Gtk+ in Modula-3, under Linux (and colleague did his
testing on Windows while he was working with me on it) and from that
experience I know it's not impossible to make native GUI work.

In other words - count on me for low level binding/interfacing once I
start doing my work on Mac - in few weeks time.

--
Dragiša Durić <dragisha at m3w.org>