[M3devel] State of threads? pthreads not safe to use on some platforms?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Sun Apr 17 17:31:54 CEST 2011

Hi all:
it's possible to get yet another implementation of it, perhaps when we have the ESC we will be able to check it for Lock level annotations, earlier there was an implementation:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.34.1092
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.35.166

Is important to keep in mind this await construct annotation may be verified as the one in Locking Level, it would be interesting to see whether this means one can execute commands without locking, is in some way specifying locks underneath.

If you want to ask, if their statements is sound it would be good to ask if they might have a copy of the implementation

If this is better to check for checks under Pthreads module would be a good idea to use directly their semantics.

Thanks in advance