[M3devel] malloc/free from Modula-3?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Mon Apr 18 19:17:35 CEST 2011

Hi all:
the only thing you need to keep control as of CM3 is concerned is the modula-3 free calls equals the number of news, that is, if not is runtime error, but it isn't vice versa, if you broke this then you are obviously unsafely corrupted, but as far as the process is concerned it will be growing in time the heap until termination. If this is exacerbated then you will run out of memory either in Modula-3 or C which is dangerous, so this tells you why the scheduler must be aware of this calls, at least that's my rationale.
You are right I think there is a unixdb client program that crashes that can't be build in cm3 as it asks to provide their external implementation function calls so you can't declare external calls on your own, you need like compile it too, which is very strange, though my memories about this are very diffuse.

Thanks in advance