[M3devel] About ARM µ-PC

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Fri Dec 30 16:27:58 CET 2011

Hi all:
inf act, I remember working on installing a 386 VM library for Linux, and it can be run in ARM, etc:
http://www.nocrew.org/software/a386

So for question
1) Basically a translation library to Linux kernel interrupts
2) An e.g a386 abstracted instruction set layer over bare HW (a VM implementation native on Risc OS).

I guess the debate between both worlds is open by Tanenbaum and Torvalds on kernel types, but in any event, if that's good for Linux kernel to run on top of any other system, I would be open to debate (a Micro-kernel), but I guess for OS research you can run pretty much Linux on a W95 system, like eCos, but this isn't very efficient I guess in terms you are asking (as to what to expect for context switching, etc).

Thanks in advance