[M3devel] elegosoft.com working?

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 5 17:28:11 CET 2011

Hi all:
yes, I think we should get access to building with cm3 at least, not sure if the sources according to the latest news on that.
In the other hand whether we get this I hope sooner or later, I think it would be a m3quake directive like "esc()" to activate it from inside the building task process, so it can be integrated on the same building machine or another will need to have access to the same CM3 build and source repository and check it on the way, the only thing here, is that ESC need to build M3 sources with m3tk and if so, it will that aprox. by the same time cm3 compiler building software ends that ESC will feed itself with cm3 M3Build .M3IMPTAB import table not generated file now times for external compilers. I'm not sure anyway if that's the order of ESC input anyway, or will need first the .M3IMPPTAB back again perhaps will need to upgrade down or make a better independent procedure to expose this for it, see Revision 1.24:
http://dcvs.elegosoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cm3/m3-sys/cm3/src/M3Build.m3?annotate=1.24
if that's the case we would need to wait anyway for cm3 builds or call it from the IMPORTS to get it. Please if one can check that if it's need it and I will likely to see that too. I also think this would be a nice way of making a dependence analyzer (if so perhaps I think is better doing it with m3tk, what do you think? Besides its worth for Obliq and others too like cm3ide, etc)  program for our and other clients too information IMHO.
Thanks in advance

P.D: according to Dr Greg Nelson the compiler is usually 10x times faster than the ESC process (not sure for the ESC/Java or the ESC/Moddula3), but this is mostly because of the Simplify theorem prover checking see:
http://www.uwtv.org/programs/displayevent.aspx?rID=2761
Also for simplify see:
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1066100.1066102&preflayout=flat
whican can be downlaoded report from here:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2003/HPL-2003-148.html
and benchmarks from here:
http://goedel.cs.uiowa.edu/smtlib/benchmarks/pending/simplify_benchmarks.tar.gz