[M3devel] elegosoft.com working?

Olaf Wagner wagner at elegosoft.com
Wed Jan 5 10:04:38 CET 2011

Quoting "Daniel Alejandro Benavides D." <dabenavidesd at yahoo.es>:

> Hi all:
> thanks for the info, some time after it went on again working, but
> still if there is some escalation issue because of the compiler
> checks specially with the computation time, like ESC and so, perhaps
>  like in night builds, what would be the machine needs for that
> process and the results to allow?
> Based on some experience like in compilers we would have access to
> the checks in more or less time if so I guess we would need
> optimization anyway at source level and execution level. Meanwhile
> more checks will likely to be introduced, so it would a balance of
> both needs.
> Thanks in advance

I'm not sure if I understand correctly what you're aiming at, but
I guess you worry that we need to introduce more checks/tests like
ESC. Apart from my estimation that we won't get access to the ESC M3
sources, CPU time would not be a bottleneck, as (a) the bottleneck on
birch is the I/O system and (b) we could easily delegate such a task
to another server via Hudson. Anyway, once the web service has been
moved to another machine there shouldn't be any more problems with
our use of birch.

Olaf