[M3devel] JIT [WAS: Google Benchmark - anyone interested in an Modula 3 version?]

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Tue Jul 5 16:44:32 CEST 2011

Hi all:
yes, that's the case, some call the natural problem in typing statically annotated languages, static type checking (which is resolved pretty much well, some may argue about this in generics but anyway...), if the problem is to determine what is the best compiler that can type check this language without type annotations but rather dynamically typed program (so, it might be reasonable your statement), nevertheless this problems arise in JIT dynamic typed part of the language, but as said a good compromise could be made for those cases, both in theoretical or transforming the problem to other domains such as constraint inferencing which requires several good heuristics, so it's a good point to investigate them.
Thanks in advance