[M3devel] helo everyone - videotutorials for modula3

felipe valdez felipevaldez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:25:37 CEST 2011

just as an exercise, if you find the time try this:

download this file:

http://www.opencm3.net/releng/cm3-LINUXLIBC6-REL.<http://www.opencm3.net/releng/cm3-LINUXLIBC6-REL.deb>
deb <http://www.opencm3.net/releng/cm3-LINUXLIBC6-REL.deb>

 in a virtual-box hosted recent ubuntu distro, or in a ubuntu  that doesn't
have cm3 or postrges, and see if you get the same messages.

I have a "vanilla" distro, but perhaps something is broken in my particular
machine, that doesn't always happen in everyone-else's.

if you can confirm via this experiment, that the results are replicable,
then perhaps we'll have something to show for.

otherwise, I assume it is just my machine.

however, after a little search, this comes out:

"There's no reliable way to detect a PostgreSQL install on UNIX/Linux/BSD
either."
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-05/msg00809.php

doesn't that suck !

and it is not even modula3's fault!