[M3devel] hardware/software sales.. AlphaServer DS10L, Tru64

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Thu Jun 30 21:00:41 CEST 2011

Hi all:
if you ask me why then would I share the question with you,
can you make this graphic in postcript easily in how many seconds can
you draw this document p13 in the screen in ps or eps:
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.47.7537

If
you can build such quicker than and more than that edit -> compile
-> view quickly then you're ready to go. Think in ULSI and VLSI
systems doing this for the work stuff (if anything us included) .

The Ps (already present) or JVM backends (see:
http://moscova.inria.fr/~leifer/articles/srcreport.html

)
are quick enough, but to what it makes that is the constraint solver,
which is indeed very advanced combining symbolic and numerical
solving using provided initial approximation. So at least less fpu
cycles to
help the later are welcome (e.g any hardware speed-up might solve this
better). I'm not really sure how much of this does Modula-3 as for I
know in i86pc boxes it doesn't really do that (i.e it doesn't
accelerate FPU in the intended way, e.g doesn't handle in same cycles
as you said normally), but SGI, DEC, perhaps PA-RISC, and PPC are other
history (this makes
again more important to keep this older machine ports, as for reference
points, as
I don't have such good machines to keep it alive with some cm3ide
server on).  Experimental platforms might be for reference as well:
http://www.ercim.eu/publication/Ercim_News/enw32/dobson.html

Anyway
to test i86pc or possible *DOS implementations will need something like
NTHydra or so UI client of MIPSr4000, Alpha, i86pc in NT, or so to do in-situ testing and others alike as well as Zeus sessions available (see man Juno.1 for more details).

Thanks in advance