[M3devel] m2tom3

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Nov 15 23:44:17 CET 2011

Guys,

I found the m2tom3 translation utility here:
http://freepages.modula2.org/downloads/m2tom3-2.03.tar.gz
I attempted to compile it using cm3, but I get an unknown interface:

msw at x60:~/m2tom3/m2tom3/src$ cm3
--- building in ../LINUXLIBC6 ---

unsupported m3_option value: "-O"
new source -> compiling Standard.m3
"../src/Analyzer/Standard.m3", line 25: unable to find interface (TextF)
1 error encountered
compilation failed => not building program "m2tom3"
Fatal Error: package build failed

Has anyone heard of interface TextF? Alternatively, is there a port of
this utility to cm3?

I recently uncovered a machine-readable copy of my degree final year
project, a Meta Assembler, written in Modula-2, and wondered if I could
get it to compile using the utility to work with Modula-3.

Regards,

Makr.