[M3devel] m2tom3

Coleburn, Randy rcolebur at SCIRES.COM
Wed Nov 16 00:17:33 CET 2011

Mark:

I seem to recall that "TextF" was for "Text Friends" and that it was removed after Critical Mass changed the underlying TEXT representation to deal with the new wide character sets.

Here is a link that describes it a bit more:  http://modula3.elegosoft.com/cm3/about-cm3.html#if-changes

So, you will need to recode any operations that used the old TextF interface.

If you want, I'll look around and see if I have an old copy of TextF laying around that you can review to see what code you will need to implement.  I don't think it will be too much work.  Let me know if you need it.

Perhaps someone else on this thread has already done something along these lines.

Regards,
Randy Coleburn

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Wickens [mailto:mark at wickensonline.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:44 PM
To: m3devel
Subject: [M3devel] m2tom3

Guys,

I found the m2tom3 translation utility here:
http://freepages.modula2.org/downloads/m2tom3-2.03.tar.gz
I attempted to compile it using cm3, but I get an unknown interface:

msw at x60:~/m2tom3/m2tom3/src$ cm3
--- building in ../LINUXLIBC6 ---

unsupported m3_option value: "-O"
new source -> compiling Standard.m3
"../src/Analyzer/Standard.m3", line 25: unable to find interface (TextF)
1 error encountered
compilation failed => not building program "m2tom3"
Fatal Error: package build failed

Has anyone heard of interface TextF? Alternatively, is there a port of this utility to cm3?

I recently uncovered a machine-readable copy of my degree final year project, a Meta Assembler, written in Modula-2, and wondered if I could get it to compile using the utility to work with Modula-3.

Regards,

Makr.