[M3devel] m2tom3

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Wed Nov 23 16:18:34 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 10:53:18AM +0100, Olaf Wagner wrote:
> Hi Rodney,
>
> sorry for answering so late.
>
> Quoting "Rodney M. Bates" <rodney_bates at lcwb.coop>:
>
> >Olaf, is there a place in the elego-hosted repositories I can put this?
> >I don't find it already present in my local copy of cm3.
> >Can I create a new subdirectory, say in cm3/m3-tools?
>
> Of course, just cvs-add it. Please make sure that it compiles though.
>
> >On this topic, I have a few library packages that might be useful
> >to somebody someday.  Would Elegosoft be interested in hosting them?
>
> As long as you don't upload gigabytes of M3 source code (let us know
> of that in advance :-), please feel free to add and share any library
> that you think may be useful for others.
>
> We should probably add some documentation for them and re-run and
> ship the m3tohtml results to the web server, but that can be done
> later.
>
> Thanks for your contributions,
>
> Olaf
> --
> Olaf Wagner -- elego Software Solutions GmbH
>                Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25 / Gebäude 12, 13355 Berlin, Germany
> phone: +49 30 23 45 86 96  mobile: +49 177 2345 869  fax: +49 30 23 45 86 95
>    http://www.elegosoft.com | Geschäftsführer: Olaf Wagner | Sitz: Berlin
> Handelregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 77719 | USt-IdNr: DE163214194

Would it be useful to dual-licence new code under the LGPL(2 or later)
on the remote chance that other parts of Modula 3 might someday also be
so licenced.  Or, for that matter, that someone might want to translate
it to another language, by hand or otherwise?  That would then be a
derived work, also LGPL-able.

Just trying to reduce future barriers to interoperation.

-- hendrik