[M3devel] m2tom3

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Sat Nov 26 20:42:30 CET 2011

Hi all:
If anyone working a networking tool uses a _DEC_ license why would you suggest asking they to release it in a different license if only that makes work with another package to _DEC_.
Is their obligation to release that, according to the original license you can not ask them to release their sources in that other license so, unless  you clear the _DEC_ license then it makes no sense to do that later, in that view it's necessary to ask them more than one time.
So that makes the all idea of sub license not clever at all which is what others did.
The point is whatever package uses Modula-3 will need that license. Does this feel fair?
I say if you have another license (and commercial house like Pine Creek Software, or others as well), makes sense since you can actually give away your software or not (I say this because once we have the sources on a "cloud" term BTW rejected by myself and for once and all by RMS), will be given to anyone in a public "virtual network", so you can not ask them to release their packages in that other license if it is derivative or not see PM3. That's why I guess _DEC_ released it in the '94 as a pretty liberal to have just one. So we can have the idea of a "public cloud" and a private one in one and feel free to ask them to do so, anyway the DEC license doesn't prohibit linking against Modula-3 GPL libraries, or why is that lm is linked in Modula-3.
You need to look at the facts and see that it can be licensed like that since it's your will to do so, but do your code need that is useless once again because it will bypassed anyway (is against that freedom you want).
The world is not just one point, even in the "virtual networks", and everyone should be free to pass around software, that's the main "resource" of a society as RMS stays, is what creates a good society in which we can live in, even if you don't agree the arguments is clever enough to give it a try for such a society in digital terms this is free software and society around it that makes it if so.
If none want that then it is pointless to ask the _DEC_ license to be free for RMS etc want that ever, as he did but was rejected by '88 to Olivetti, it is us who want that, theirs is their business to accept it or not (asking to give them the copyrights seems like they can change their license to whatever they like and I can't agree with that as well, as _DEC_ I think didn't agree to do in their time their efforts to do so).
Indeed _DEC_ tried with '94 license, whatever it feels right now for FSF I don't know but I like more the idea of having 2 licenses, since it's us who want that change, but again, giving it two or three or more licenses makes no much sense for my point of view if anyone wants that, it is useless, that's the point of the unique '94 license, much more liberty that anyone can have (RMS before '94 denial is a show of that as well, I agree with you on that).
Thanks in advance