[M3devel] A Thread SMP implementation on UMAX Encore EMT

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Sun Sep 4 22:54:41 CEST 2011

Hi all:
Yeah, that's good. I think the importance of the conclusion was laetr confirmed in the papers on await statement "primitive" developed for a Modula-3 Thread implementation on Pthread systems, anyways, just the same conclusion if I may say so.
In other affairs I have searched and found that the formal specification of Modula-3 was done apparently in an effort by DEC-SRC Luca and Greg and DEC-PRL staff, but after written it was proved and it never ended, it was like 30 pages long.
It could be nice to see whether we could rework it and test it against a specific language formalizations in terms of results achieved of the new mathematical frameworks based on that of mathematics constructions theory like that of Feferman, he seemed to propose a new framework to redefine mathematics on which all the normal theories fit  and applicable as a lambda calculus  as a way to include the formal description of a computer language:
http://turing.une.edu.au/~iam/Data/Papers/93ic.ps

This is perhaps the most advanced or the state of the art framework for doing that, interesting to see what works with that, see Modula-3 there could be very nice.

Thanks in advance