[M3devel] Fw: Modula-3 questions

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Fri Apr 20 16:13:06 CEST 2012

Hi all:
Well in terms of popularity we could stand for Modula-3 in search engines and see how much we got and how much we got from other for instance say Java.
It might be that there are a number of good results in Modula-3, so I don't know much effort to do countability of that. But this is just to state preeminence.
Later the popularity the number of times it has been searched that word (not so recent results for google were not bad at all).
Whether the community is alive and kicking I would ask another question to elucidate that clearly; if industry has a better and strong feeling for Java and C++, than for Modula-3, and computers are becoming because of the non-turning point of 40 years of crisis almost a dead end where as any new computer comes becomes substantially slower, then, I would say that would live in that Universe of industrial-strength systems are not alive by those  languages, but of very "dead" languages (say Modula-3 'died' in 2000 but not talking about communities, just languages), so some good inspiration came from older days and make that industry still making some money.
Concerning about community is just one or two people apart from the industrial-strength systems is certainly better since it reflects the likely it would be survived by someone, and I happen to believe that languages in **critical** times are lead by just one or maybe two people, the rest are just followers.
We might create a Modula-3 facebook or social network account and quickly realize that there are dozens of people interested and get their hands dirty in this crisis no more but in a good "dead" language, if somebody says that then the language is still alive in those followers I believe so.
Thanks in advance