[M3devel] m3 backends and builtin types?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 16 00:11:25 CEST 2012

Something seems off to me in the current implementation.
Like, I don't think the backends are ever informed of various "builtin" types, such as integer, word, char, widechar, boolean, mutex.
I hardcoded knowledge of them in parse.c and M3C.m3.
That seems wrong.

Either that, or they are used before they are defined -- which might not be avoidable in general, but could easily be avoided for most types.

Shouldn't m3front inform the backend via m3cg of these types?
It is doable using the existing interfaces?

More so, RTBuiltin.mx ought not exist, right?
Whatever data it contains should be built up like any other type data?
Part of the same problem?