[M3devel] m3cg.set_target_name, set_endian, set_wordsize?

Jay K jay.krell at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 16 15:58:59 CEST 2012

I already said this, but more concretely, I propose M3CG_Ops additions:

set_target_name(name: TEXT);
TYPE Endian = { Little, Big }; (* or Endian_t or Endian_e *)
set_endian(endian: Endian);
set_wordsize(wordsize: INTEGER); (* currently always 32 or 64 *)

I MIGHT have use of these in m3back/M3C.
I'm not sure yet.

target_name implies endian and wordsize and more, but it a kind of vague thing.
It also implies win32 vs. Posix, which M3C probably won't need.
It also implies jmpbuf size, which might be useful, or maybe we remove that "the other way".
You know -- I want to eventually remove target knowledge from m3front, and have none in M3C either.