[M3devel] Think we need a new release.

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Sat Feb 11 02:37:37 CET 2012

Hi all:

In case, you want the reference, and plus [1]:

At the time it was a kind of important to investigate [1] (for instance the ARX operating system it was a real issue for the day to day development) about Acorn in the 80's:
http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/mercurynews/guestbook.aspx?n=steve-glassman&pid=144489261&page=3

I guess in the case of a Microkernel and a huge UI libraries it might matter (Interfaces of 250k loc would would be good test case in terms of Modular verification it might matter, if the upper limit is O(n^5) actually to make that calculation makes an unknown prefix for that number power of ten, 26th order).

In the other hand you might want to leave like that but being one of the most important features to be able to program in the large, I feel this is better that the pain to wait that kind of operations (usually ESC ten times slower than compilation time).

[1] U. Postavsky, “Distributed Compilation Using Distributed Shared Memory,” M.Sc., University of Toronto (Canada), Canada, 1990.