[M3devel] Think we need a new release. C target

Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. dabenavidesd at yahoo.es
Wed Feb 15 20:10:56 CET 2012

Hi all:
doing by that method do I have compatibility with something else, meaning C? CM JVM? Yes, it achieved it through high compatibility using C language so you could migrate your Java code via CM JVM (without JNI, a kind of nightmare) to Modula-3 and C, now if we generate C, what would be gaining in terms of compatibility, gaining compatibility with those C Compilers, who cares that, just people writing C Code, if they don't or don't want to code in Modula-3, will be attracted by that offer? In CM JVM case it might be interested to migrate to C, but they need a good RT support, they don't need compilers to C. They have many ones already.
Now, if is you the one who want to migrate to C platforms well, Modula-3 can directly interface with C.
I wanted to make clear that my route will be Obliq, since the new real intermediate language becoming mainstream is JavaScript, and certainly the dear good M3 friend new that if it not were by one hair Obliq would be become the standard of the web. Now, why would we want to make a non-standard thing a product of our catalog, well, I pass that one into you, what is the main difference between C and Obliq if I tell you that FailSafe-C is project built on a Obliq JVM product?
Please have a look at DDJ about the "The JVM as a Language Farm Club" :
http://app.reg.techweb.com/e/es.aspx?s=2150&e=27044&elq=66547688035b4bc99ab7612af687575

Thanks in advance