[M3devel] Rebuilding 5.8.6 for current Debian.

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Tue Jun 19 19:57:13 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:55:16PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> So if the development-source doesn't build a working .deb, I'll build
> one from 5.8.6.

The current 5.8.6 .deb is not compatible with current versions of
debian.

If I build a .deb from the sources in cm3-src-all-5.8.6-REL.tgz,
will its version number be 5.8.6, or some modification of 5.8.6?  I'd
very much want it to be *different* so that my build will be recognised
as a more recent build (for a more recent version of Debian).

If not, is there a way of specifying it explicitly?  The  new .deb I
make will likely not be compatible with really old versions of Debian.

-- hendrik