[M3devel] Windows, Unicode file names

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Mon Jun 25 19:36:39 CEST 2012

Daniel,

I can talk about many things, and most things Modula-3 are of interest to me. Once you start a topic, and I can understand what is it about, and it meets my interests - I'll be there.

Problem I met with filenames is nothing old. Windows can open files with filenames in ASCII and UTF-16. Everything else - you must check twice and do a workaround.

I've written here in hope I can get i to some fruitful discussion with people who understand this problem. My solution is a workaround and assumes filename is UTF-8 or ASCII. I would like to start discussion on this and work from there to more general solution.

dd