[M3devel] Windows, Unicode file names

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Wed Jun 27 13:26:31 CEST 2012

This is one place where insisting on some imagined/future purity (fully compatible withyour argument - thread safety + immutability + non-quadratic performance) will lead to unreasonable fragmentation and de-facto gray area in CM3 and it's usage.

I am only one of people here who de-facto uses TEXT's to hold UTF8 content. And while we all think/talk about solution, every single user who needs international characters and wants to use them in sensible way - will go same way.

Then, some "proper" CM3 solution comes and what happens? We rewrite everything to support it? Or ignore it?