[M3devel] libXaw.so.6 again

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Mon May 14 04:52:18 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 07:06:44PM +0100, Daniel Alejandro Benavides D. wrote:
> Hi all:
> I think the packages in deb already do that so.6, so.7 thing for that
> purposes, you don't need to that for yourself, I believe.

Whatever do you mean?  It wants libXaw.so.6, which no longer exists and
has been replaced by libXaw.so.7.  Whatever "that so.6, so.7 thing" is
that the packages in deb already do, the modula 2 in the debian package
I downloaded just now from the Modula 3 website insists that my
executable needs libXaw.so.6, not the one I have available.

Maybe if the .deb were recompiled and repackaged from source it would
find libXaw.so.7, but the one now available does not.

-- hendrik

> Likewise, would be nicer if we could just relink a single executable
> for both kind of systems, both 32-bit and 64-bit, if there were 32-bit
> INTEGER and ADDRESS and 128-bit LONGINT and LONGADDRESS and 128-bit
> LONGCARD I think it could make a better precision arithmetic or
> double-length at less.

This has nothing to do with the question.

-- hendrik