[M3devel] LINUXLIBC6

Dragiša Durić dragisha at m3w.org
Mon May 21 13:17:44 CEST 2012

Once it was a big thing for Modula-3 to become self-hosted.

Now, step forward is to undo that :).

I understand - you feel better with (well known and full commanded) C/C++ than with (mostly unknown LLVM). I only hope you will use current provisions of Modula-3 system to implement C/C++ backend in same fashion (using CG* object hierarchy) as other current backends are implemented. That way, someone can go LLVM without changing GCC based backend, or fast Win32 backend, or your future C/C++ backend.